Paper Raven Co. Blog
Happy July 1st! I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. This month, I wanted to experiment with some new lettering techniques and fun, poppy colors. I created this illustration using my Tombow MONO Drawing Pens, and then finished it with color in Photoshop. Later in the month I'll be traveling to the Bahamas, and the bright hues definitely inspired me here. Hope you like it! Click on the image below to receive the Wallpaper, and enjoy.
* This post does contain affiliate links, as part of my work as a brand ambassador. I will always provide honest feedback and never recommend something I don't absolutely love myself.
Because Mom is always extra, I whipped up this adorable DIY Cake Topper for you to use on Mother's Day (you're getting her a cake, right? She deserves a cake.)
It's super easy and fun and your Mom will totally be like "Whoa, a cake topper." *bonus points awarded* You're welcome.
- The Cake Topper Printable (click below to download)
- Scissors and tape
- Skewer or stick
- CAKE! Make your own or go to your local bakery. Maybe a good time to support a small biz in your neighborhood? ;)
- Any berries or flowers to decorate your cake.
1. Click below to download the printable. Then print the sheet in color on your home printer or take to your local printer: 8.5x11” sheet. (Pro tip: This works best on slightly thicker cardstock paper!)
2. Cut out the graphic in your printable - leave a margin like I did or cut a large oval around the graphic - up to you!
3. Attach a skewer/stick to the back of the graphic with tape. Make sure it’s secure.
4. Insert into the top of the cake and decorate with flowers or berries. Voila! Enjoy! (Mom gets the first bite!)
If you use the printable, I would LOVE to see how it turned out! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram and let me know how it goes (and also what flavor of cake you chose because that's super legit important.)
Happy Mother's Day! Love, Erin.
Yea, I really wanted to make my monthly subscriber desktop download a shameless homage to the song that's been stuck in my head for a week straight. I cooled it, though, and did some watercolors for you instead. Things have been super busy around here, so I'm going to be brief this month and just let you get to the good stuff right away. Shazam! Click below to grab the wallpaper!
Happy Earth Day! Earlier this week it struck me: I needed to do a free printable for Earth Day, and we need to spread some love around for our gorgeous, amazing Planet! I am SO inspired by nature (can you tell?) in my work, and even walks in my neighborhood, enjoying the Springtime, give me so much peace. I am a huge advocate for Green Energy, Climate Change Awareness and preserving our planet. So I wanted to send you a gift for you to enjoy for Earth Day, in support of our planet, its wildlife, and the organizations, scientists, and regular citizens like you and me that are committed to protecting it. Enjoy!