Paper Raven Co. Blog
Hello March, aka All The Rain - 2018
This month was all about COLOR. I love rich, china blues. It's been incredibly rainy here in Atlanta (like, for weekssss), so I also wanted to do a tribute to the downpour, and the resulting bloom-age that is slowly filling up my studio windows :) My dog, Patty, does not like it one bit (diva).
Now for the Wallpaper! Click on the graphic above to download the free desktop wallpaper. AND, after many requests, I have made a coordinating phone background as well, tucked in there too. Sorry it took me so long, y'all!
If you like these, please tell your friends about it, and tag me on Instagram with a pic of your desktop or phone in your feed or stories! Cheers, Enjoy, and hopefully it's not too rainy where you live.
As always, thank you for following my work. I love the experimentation + freedom these monthly wallpapers bring, and I'm so happy to share them with you.
Happy February! I read the other day that February is the halfway point between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox, so this month's wallpaper is dedicated to the contemplation of the seeds we will plant this Spring season, metaphorically and physically. I love that idea, and I wanted to create an illustration that symbolized new growth, even in the last winter months. I'm very much looking forward to the warmer weather!
Now, on to the Wallpaper! Click on the graphic above to download the free wallpaper. And feel free to share your space with me on Instagram! Cheers, Enjoy, and scroll down to see some detail + behind the scenes shots.
Happy December! We had a blast over Thanksgiving and the Holiday Weekend! Thank you so so much for Shopping Small. When you Shop Small, you aren't giving a CEO their 2nd vacation home, you're helping a family buy groceries, you're helping a business owner save to invest in new products, and (in my case) helping a fur-momma pay for a needed surgery for her puppy, Patty (who is recovering like a champ!). Your support really, really makes a difference, and I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who supported Small Businesses last weekend. We love you, you are literally making our dreams come true. If that's not good karma, I don't know what is.
Now, on to the Wallpaper! Click the image below to get the Wallpaper.
And be sure to check out the work in progress shot and follow along on Instagram! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
A Thanksgiving Printable Set
Surprise! I'm comin' atcha in the evening tonight to hand-deliver a fun and free printable for your Thanksgiving festivities. I have whipped up a Thank You Card and a set of little Gift Tags for you to use on Thursday. Simply click the image above to download. I recommend printing the items on cardstock paper on a color printer. Or you can go to your local Kinko's or Fedex store and request that they print it for you.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Attach the gift tag to a bottle of wine and bring it to Thanksgiving Dinner.
- On the back of the card, write 2 - 3 things you appreciate about the hostess. Tuck it in an envelope and bring it with your side dish.
- If you're hosting, print several sheets and use the gift tags when boxing up leftovers to send home with your guests.
- Give the card to someone who helped you cook!
- Write guests' names on the gift tags and use them as drink markers. Tie them around the stem of a wine or water glass.
I hope you have a very warm holiday, filled with good food and people you love.
September Illustrated Desktop Wallpaper
Happy September! (How are we already in September?!) It's been a whirlwind of a summer, and I am looking forward to cooler temperatures, the Ghost Tour I'm going on in October (!!!), Stranger Things Season 2, and sporting my extensive scarf collection.
Click below to grab the September Desktop Wallpaper - and enjoy! This month, I used india inks and my trust pen to complete this illustration.
And don't forget about our sale! It's still going strong, but there are some items that have already been scooped up! Everything in the shop is on sale, so be sure to check it out.
Click here to shop the sale, and don't forget to use code VERYGREEN for 15% off your order. All orders over $20 receive a free gift!
Cake Topper DIY Printable for Mother's Day
Because Mom is always extra, I whipped up this adorable DIY Cake Topper for you to use on Mother's Day (you're getting her a cake, right? She deserves a cake.)
It's super easy and fun and your Mom will totally be like "Whoa, a cake topper." *bonus points awarded* You're welcome.
- The Cake Topper Printable (click below to download)
- Scissors and tape
- Skewer or stick
- CAKE! Make your own or go to your local bakery. Maybe a good time to support a small biz in your neighborhood? ;)
- Any berries or flowers to decorate your cake.
1. Click below to download the printable. Then print the sheet in color on your home printer or take to your local printer: 8.5x11” sheet. (Pro tip: This works best on slightly thicker cardstock paper!)
2. Cut out the graphic in your printable - leave a margin like I did or cut a large oval around the graphic - up to you!
3. Attach a skewer/stick to the back of the graphic with tape. Make sure it’s secure.
4. Insert into the top of the cake and decorate with flowers or berries. Voila! Enjoy! (Mom gets the first bite!)
If you use the printable, I would LOVE to see how it turned out! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram and let me know how it goes (and also what flavor of cake you chose because that's super legit important.)
Happy Mother's Day! Love, Erin.
Happy Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! Earlier this week it struck me: I needed to do a free printable for Earth Day, and we need to spread some love around for our gorgeous, amazing Planet! I am SO inspired by nature (can you tell?) in my work, and even walks in my neighborhood, enjoying the Springtime, give me so much peace. I am a huge advocate for Green Energy, Climate Change Awareness and preserving our planet. So I wanted to send you a gift for you to enjoy for Earth Day, in support of our planet, its wildlife, and the organizations, scientists, and regular citizens like you and me that are committed to protecting it. Enjoy!
Free Thanksgiving Wine Label Printable
I hope you have a peaceful and fulfilling Thanksgiving, whatever your traditions are. In the spirit of the holiday, I have created a free printable wine label for you to dress up your hostess gifts! Please print as many as you'd like.
What You'll Need:
1. Bottle of Wine or Spirits
2. Double-Sided Tape (Or regular tape will work)
1. Click below to download the printable. The print size is at 8.5x11" (standard printer).
2. Cut out the printable along the border.
3. Fill in the "To" and "From" sections.
4. Use double-sided tape to attach to your bottle (you can remove the label first if you'd like, but it's not required - this printable wraps around a standard size bottle).
5. Bring your gift with you to your gathering!